Monday, April 18, 2011

78


So. Here I am, I and Grace, my little red hoopie, as we appeared in Veda Jones's driveway in Joplin, Missouri, this past weekend, on my way over to the little town of Diamond. What's there? A beautiful museum, well worth the visiting, The George Washington Carver National Monument. It's got a peanut warning on the front door - made me smile.
The "Peanut Wizard" was born thereabouts in the early spring of 1865. For a bit more about Dr. Carver - really, a tremendous individual, you may well wish to read today's posting on the I.N.K. blog. Now, as for Interesting Nonfiction for Kids, I must go and, with luck and the continued application of the seat of my pants to the seat of this chair, write some.

1 comment:

  1. Looking up the quote from Toynbee for my article, and see my driveway made the Internet. What fun, and what a fun time seeing friends, and what a great talk Cheryl Harness gave at the George Washington Carver historical site.
    Veda Boyd Jones

    ReplyDelete