Tuesday, July 24, 2012

MO

So, I've been immersed in another in a long line of get-rich-slow schemes. Got it in my head to write a history. I've had many a book published over the years, made my living at it. Feels kind of foolish, maybe I'm indulging in a bit of a luxury item to be researching, writing, working on a project that might not make much money, but shoot! I'm having an awfully terrific time coming up with a list of 1,000 Cool Things & People to Know So YOU Will Be a TOTAL MISSOURI BRAINIAC.
  I'll be taking my Shih Tsu, Mimi out for a walk - and not a very long one, seeing that it's so rotten hot outdoors, and it will occur to me that, chronology-wise, I need to link this heat wave back to similar stretches of misery hereabouts in the mid 1930s, in the early 1950s and don't forget to put a mini-bio of Missouri-born Betty Grable in the WWII section.
    More about MO later. Right now, I think I'm going to go up to the Square, where there's a coffee house. Where there's an open mic deal tonight. Where I told myself I was going to go and do a bit of a reading & try to be amusing for a few minutes. Now I'm nervous about it. Public speaking is such a rush.
Once you get past the oogly-booglies.
I'll let you know how it goes.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment