Wednesday, October 13, 2010

"Anyone who limits her vision to memories of yesterday is already dead."

So said Lillie Langtry, the Jersey Lily, the lovely actress who was born on the 13th of another October, that of 1853. I'll take her word for it and confine myself to saying that in my fairly immediate future, on the 14th of October, the 287th day of this here year, I'm heading off north to talk with bunches of little kids. About the time they're piling onto the yellow busses, I'll be fixing to drive south to Springfield, MO, for a literature festival on Friday.. More little squirts to talk to! 'bout books, of course, the writing and the drawing thereof. I intend to be exceedingly informative & amusing. I'd better pack my harmonica and check my stock of factoids - oh my gosh, I just did. 15th of October marks the birthday of one of my favorite authors ever, ever, ever: Hint: Would that I had Jeeves butlerizing these environs.

No comments:

Post a Comment