Wednesday, November 10, 2010

"Life is a journey that must be traveled no matter how bad the roads and accommodations."

"Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall."
Oliver Goldsmith, b. 10 November, 1730 I have a feeling that I was way too young to appreciate this fellow when I was introduced to his writing, The Vicar of Wakefield, in high school.

"Be thou comforted, little dog, Thou too in Resurrection shall have a little golden tail. " Martin Luther, b. 10 November, 1483

So, according to the wiki-bots, it was on this day, 29 Brumaire, 1793, that the French Revolutionaries proclaimed a "Goddess of Reason" of truth and liberty. Me, I'm celebrating the anniversary by continuing to work on a middle grade novel, trying to build up my nano-wordcount. 11,047 as of now. this means I'm way behind, but I like how the story's going. That's the main thing, no? www.nanowrimo.org

No comments:

Post a Comment