Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mid-May Madness

So, I've lost count of how many days until I turn 60, but it's creeping up on me and after all, does it matter? I'll still be the same doofus I am now, but by then, God willing, I shall have this manuscript done. I'll have found out tomorrow that the illustrations I mailed at the US Post Office on Saturday morning made it to New York. Somewhere there is a publisher at which I still have a contract for a bona fide picture book, its publication long delayed. And what happened on this day in history? I'm not sure, but I'm willing to wager that loads of people were born or they fell in love or they died too soon. Or long after they prayed to go. All of the above. And outside, in the dark, purple irises are in bloom.

1 comment:

  1. May 15th? Didn't look. May 16th shone brightly 51 years ago, first working LASER:
    http://www.wired.com/thisdayintech/2011/05/0516maiman-creates-first-laser-ruby-crystal/
    these days, nearly everyone has one, mostly in CD and DVD players.

    ReplyDelete