Here I am w/ one of the three historical markers that the Nat'l Park Service installed last summer in the park across from the Truman Presidential Library.
I just found out that one of the markers got tagged - sullied. spray-painted. dissed and defaced by one of the neighborhood's many nitwits, of whom, I suppose, we should all be proud because he [I assume it's a 'he' sexist, I know] managed, whilst holding a spray can to get his knuckles high enough off the pavement to write ugly words - "fuck you" to be exact - on a panel featuring a painting of mine. and more importantly, the history of this person's town. Why would he do that?
Maybe because - oh, i know - yeah: here're my
TOP 10 REASONS WHY SOME JERK DID THAT:
10. Like I give a shit about history:. stiffs riding horses, writing w/ feathers, permanent power outage.
9. Much less w/ lame, tedious crap about the Oregon Trail.
8. Because what? - Do people think he's some sherry-sipping asshole who sits around watching Masterpiece Theatre?
7. Or American Experience, for crying out loud?
6.What did this society ever do for me?
5. Trying to impress buddies.
4. Trying to impress a girl w/ whom he hopes to have unprotected sex [Like, really? wrecking, figuratively poking a thumb in the eye of The Man is going to get him laid?]
3. Uh - yeah
2. And - as a bonus - offending the very sort of people who see him as nothing more than some lame-ass paint-can puke.
1. Who would likely think: "Why am I going to get my panties in a wad about outraged old ladies who're satisfied to sum him up as a lame-ass paintcan puke..It isn't as if anyone around here will give a shit about what I do or say unless I paint it on something they DO care about."