Tuesday, June 8, 2010

9 June

So, did I neglect to point out that yesterday, the 8th of June was the anniversary of the birth of Frank Lloyd Wright, in 1867? Probably because I don't care very much about him. If you care about everybody and everything you're supposed to, well, I'd take my hat off to you if I were, in fact, wearing one. It might well be Cole Porter's birthday today, June 9 (1891 See www.coleporter.org There's a list of his songs there. My favorite? Night & Day, that be the one. I do care about Cole Porter. And Les Paul (1915). Him, too.
Let me note that 101 years ago today, June 9, 1909, 22-year-old Alice Huyler Ramsey set out in a Maxwell automobile on a bumptious journey that'd make her THE first woman to drive clear across the United States, from NYC to San Francisco. 3,800 miles. 59 days. More information? Oh yes: www.aliceramsey.com

No comments:

Post a Comment