Friday, June 11, 2010

Yesterday, Today


So, yesterday, the 10th of June, my mind was not on this blog. Well, that's not entirely true. I thought of it, but, like a fly at a picnic, paying visits on the potato salad, then the sweet pickles and on to the hot dog buns, my mind lit upon this blog then buzzed off to other things. One of them was looking in on Turner's Movie Channel. Lots of Judy Garland to be had, seeing as it was her birthday. My dad's too. They both entered the world, Judy and Raymond, on June 10, 1922, and were it not for countless variables, they'd have turned 88 yesterday. The picture here shows me starting my so-called writing career at my father's knee. Golly.
And now it's the 11th, but not for much longer. Long-gone playwright Ben Johnson was born on this day, 1572. And one of my favorite painter, John Constable, was born on June 11, 1776. Busy summer that was.

No comments:

Post a Comment